Green Tea Soothes My Soul.
According to the folks at Twinings website, 'the British Journal of Nutrition has revealed that drinking more than three cups of green tea a day was found to protect against cell deterioration as we age. DNA tests showed the equivalent of five extra years on the tea drinkers' lives.'
Stop. Hold. The. Presses. You mean that people who drink a lot of Green tea might live five years longer?
Seems like a fair trade...
So whether you prefer Matcha or Sencha, flavoured, plain or with honey, it seems like green tea is already a good idea. BUT WAIT!
There's more. I know. Insane!
Other suggested benefits of Green Tea include:
- A reduction in certain types of cancers (including breast, prostate, ovarian and endometrial).
- Lower (bad) cholesterol levels and balance the ratio of good/bad cholesterol
- Reduce body fat storage for a short time
- Inhibits the abnormal formation of blood clots
- Killing bacteria that cause dental plaque
- Mild Appetite reduction
- Detoxifying effects (whole body)
So why aren't we all drinking it? Well, it's hard to beat a cup of English Breakfast of a morning, but I've certainly felt healthier, with more energy, even clearer skin and bright eyes since I added cups at 10.30am and 3pm.to my day.
Very recommended- try all sorts of brands/types, as they vary hugely, and sit back and watch the benefits!